DFW Wedding Venues | Getting Ready Tips from The White Sparrow
Who doesn’t love gorgeous getting-ready photos? All those Pin-worthy details – a signature perfume, heirloom earrings, putting on your lipstick – are definitely must-have photos on your big day. That being said, we have to give you the inside scoop: swoon-worthy wedding galleries only capture the highlights of your getting-ready process.
It’s possible that there might actually be a lot of down time in your bridal suite before the photographer arrives on scene to capture those picture-perfect snapshots. So what do you do in between the photo-worthy moments? We’ve got you covered with our top tips for a stellar getting-ready process in your bridal suite:
- Designate a playlist-maker: key to a perfect pre-wedding routine, a great playlist makes all the difference while you and your ‘maids are getting ready. Ask one of your girls to create a playlist ahead of time so you won’t miss any favorite hits.
- Serve up something delicious: you’ve heard it before… don’t forget to eat on your wedding day! Keep yourself (and your bridesmaids) nourished with delectable h’ors d’oeuvres served in your bridal suite. This is a great job to delegate to an aunt or family friend who can have everything set up at your DFW wedding venues for you to enjoy.
- Pour some bubbly: have champagne glasses at the ready! Whether you serve up morning mimosas, or raise a toast with a glass of bubbly, a drink or two will keep the mood lighthearted. Don’t forget to provide straws—we wouldn’t want to muss that pretty lipstick.
- Bring gifts and notes: have a substantial amount of down time? Use it to thank your bridesmaids for their support. Bring along small tokens of gratitude (like a pair of earrings to wear down the aisle, or pajama shirts for getting ready). We also think it’s so sweet to write personalized notes for each of your bridesmaids ahead of time; they’ll love reading your words on this special occasion.
- Parent gifts: if you opted to get something special for your parents (and/or his), the bridal suite is the perfect place to distribute gifts to your mom and soon-to-be mother-in-law. It’s a great way to pass the time, and ease any wedding tension by distributing some warm and fuzzy feelings.
- Send a spy on the groom: ask your flower girl (or maid of honor, ring bearer, or bridesmaid) to go sneak a peek of the groom and groomsmen. Send her with a sweet note for your husband-to-be… and then let her dish the full report on the guys when she returns!
With these tips in mind, you’ll be ready to walk down the aisle before you know it. Cherish these treasured moments leading up to “I do;” they are part of an overall experience you’ll never want to forget.
Still looking for a venue with a bridal suite? Plenty of DFW wedding venues offer this accommodation, but we encourage you to seek out one that fits your personality. Do you see this bridal suite as a haven on your special day? Is it a relaxing place to spend time with your girls? We hope you’ll tour our gorgeous space and find our bridal suite to be just that! Let us know if we can put your date on our calendar.