No matter how many delicate details you pull together for the big day, there’s one decorative item you simply can’t skimp on: lighting. Lighting brings all other décor elements to life, illuminating the entire scene and setting the overarching tone for a wedding or reception. It goes beyond practicality to become a memorable design element of your celebration. Your lighting serves double décor duty: it adds illumination befitting the feel of the occasion, and the fixtures themselves become a decorative focal point. Take a peek at some of our favorite ways to incorporate mood-setting illumination into your event design:
- Natural Light: there is simply no substitute for natural lighting. If your wedding timing allows, make use of natural light at every possible turn. From bridal makeup to tabletop décor, every element of your event is enhanced in natural lighting. Your photographer will agree! Our venue was purposefully designed with expansive windows and white walls, the perfect backdrop to any theme… and we absolutely love seeing how every bride utilizes sunshine to show off her distinctive style.
- Chandeliers: chandeliers strike the perfect balance between personality and elegance. These pieces have genuine character, but maintain a timeless sophistication that works with any wedding theme. Chandeliers are included in your venue rental and add impressive impact to your wedding day décor.
- Sconces and other details: The White Sparrow was designed with utmost care when it comes to lighting details. You’ll find unique fixtures and one-of-a-kind wall sconces tucked throughout our venue. These smaller pieces make subtle statements, but together craft a cohesive feeling of elegance throughout the venue.
- Votive Candles: tuck tiny votives throughout your tablescapes to add charm to your event design. These candles are easy, no-fuss decorations that add a feeling of romance to every table. Your floral centerpieces will look even more gorgeous near the flickering lights of these delicate details.
- Pillar Candles: perfect for display tables (like your cake or guestbook display), grouped pillar candles are another easy way to make a pretty statement. Group three candles of varying heights and widths for a well-balanced table display. Consider adding other elements from your décor style, like a satin ribbon around all three pillars or a sprig of greenery at their base.
- Tapered Candles: tapered candles are a beautiful way to heighten the drama of your tablescape. Adding height to your tabletop design increases the dimension and detail of your seating arrangements. Choose candlesticks that suit your style, whether vintage brass or colorful glass. Whether you add a dramatic pop of color, or keep them elegantly neutral, tapers add romantic drama to any décor style.
- String Lights: finally, add a touch of twinkling romance with string lights carefully placed throughout your venue. Without going overboard, consider a few places that string lights can add charm to your event. Decorate the trees at the entrance/exit of the venue, or drape them over patio areas for a romantic feel.
Mix and match all of these lighting details for a truly bespoke event. They will set the tone for the entire occasion, from start to finish. From big statement pieces like chandeliers to tiny details like votive candles, lighting creates an atmosphere unlike any other décor element can. You won’t want to skip over these decorative details!
We’d love to see the inventive lighting ideas you bring to The White Sparrow barn. Feel free to get in touch to talk about how we can personalize the space to suit your style.