Favorite DFW Wedding Inspiration from The White Sparrow Barn
2021 has been an interesting year. The wedding industry as a whole has gone from shut down, to open, to slammed and everywhere in between. We’ve navigated hosting new 2021 events, rescheduling 2020 events (some more than once) and coordinated healthy guidelines with guests and additional wedding professionals. To say it’s been a challenge is an understatement. Behind all of the challenges, we’ve been lucky enough to host some AMAZING, beautiful, gorgeous events – with the best couples around. With only a few days left in 2021 – we wanted to showcase a few of our favorite events.
Starting with this classic beauty. Traditional white floral with the contrast of the greenery creates an everlasting, timeless look that’s perfect for the memory books.
Who says garland is only for the holidays. Christmas doesn’t get to have all of the fun, we love this traditional green garland wrapping our statement staircase. The same greenery design and classic accents were used throughout the barn – looking beautiful against our white walls and natural finishes. The climbing ivy on the barn doors always creates two thumbs up from our team and from wedding guests. It feels natural and organic with a hint of whimsy. Paired with the charcoal grey, black and white and accent gold- this wedding was gorgeous!
Floral, floral, floral everywhere. If you ask us, too much floral is not a thing. Our favorite part of this event was the dreamy floral covered aisle. As if the aisle wasn’t enough the backdrop floral covered arch was the most beautiful addition to this ceremony. The soft green, pink and white are timeless and coordinate perfectly with the natural outdoor ceremony location on The White Sparrow grounds.
First – can we talk about all of the beautiful couples that have graced The White Sparrow grounds this year! Second, we love how this gorgeous wedding incorporated subtle unique elements that added so much to their wedding design and aesthetic. The pop of warm pink and yellow flowers added a feeling of fresh happiness to the color palette and wedding day photography.
The next wedding we can’t help but feature is nothing short of a fairytale. The romantic bouquet and soft flowing fabric of the brides dress are certainly a lovely combination.
There’s no question here, this bride knows how to make a statement! The color incorporation brought into the dress, paired with the thick ruffled fabric is unforgettable. We truly feel like this dress is more of a reflection of 2021 than any other wedding we’re featuring here today. 2021 meant all rules were off the table – weddings didn’t look the same and an all white wedding dress was no longer a requirement. Personality is key.
The floral walls framing the barn doors create a gorgeous ceremony backdrop, that feel like a walk through an indoor garden.
A cool blue on a sunny day, is classic and beautiful as ever. We LOVED the look of the tone on tone blues between the groomsmen and bridesmaids.
Like a warm and sunny garden soiree, this colored wedding dress screams personality. In addition to the dress, we love the small accents of warm pastel floral mixed into the wild greenery.
Traditional meets outdoor. Seeing these large floral centerpieces that you’d traditionally inside an elegant ballroom affair are so refreshing at this outdoor reception on The White Sparrow grounds. Although unexpected, these tables feel perfectly placed and right at home surrounded by the natural elements of the tree canopy.
Moody jewel tones with the rich velvet fabric add a sense of a retro elegance and romance to this event. The draping fabrics, wild organic floral, and natural wood tones create a breathtaking wedding design against the beautiful white walls of The White Sparrow Barn.
Now that you’ve seen our Favorite DFW Wedding Inspiration from The White Sparrow Barn’s 2021 portfoio, take a look at what some of the biggest wedding design trends were nationwide in 2021.
- Outdoor + Tented Events – You saw a few of these featured above. Luckily The White Sparrow Barn offers a very versatile space (indoor and outdoor) that is available for you to use.
- Retro Color Palettes – We were so happy to see some of these vintage color palettes come into play through the wedding parties outfits, to the bridal gown, floral and decor.
- 2021 Wedding Dress Trends – We absolutely saw some new trends make their way into the wedding dress selections. You saw a few of our favorites above, but we invite you to show off your personality. Wear what makes you happy.
- Dried Flowers Are Still Big
- Sustainable Wedding + Eco-Friendly Events
- Statement Earrings for Brides – This goes hand in hand with the new trend in dresses that don’t necessarily follow tradition, but follow your personality instead.
- Bold Color Palettes for Florals – Most floral color palettes look amazing against our crisp white walls, but especially bold color palettes. The contrast is gorgeous!
- Extended Celebrations – Head over to our post from last month to read more about extending your celebration into a multi-day event.
Interested in creating your dream wedding at The White Sparrow Barn, and possibly making our favorites list for 2022 or 2023? Contact us today to start planning your unforgettable day.