We’ve seen so many lovely brides choose our unique barn venue as the backdrop to their bridal portraits. You’ve probably seen the latest from Lindsey and Madison – swoon! – and fallen head over heels for these stunning images, just like we have. But are bridal portraits really worth it? After all, it is an additional investment with your photographer, and another day you have to get all dolled up. It is really worth all the effort, time, and expense? Well, we’ve seen quite a few brides walk through our barn doors. And we have to say, the answer is a resounding yes! Bridal portraits are absolutely worth it. Take a look at our top reasons why:
- Hair / Makeup Trial: bridal portraits are a perfect opportunity to test our your look for the big day. You should plan a trial run for hair and makeup anyway, so you might as well make the most of it by planning bridal portraits for the same day. This will give you a chance to test out your bridal style and ensure smooth sailing on the real wedding day.
- Get Familiar with the Venue: The more time you can spend on-site at your venue, the better. If you take bridal portraits at your wedding venue, you’ll have a chance to better familiarize yourself with the location. You never know what kind of inspiration will strike when you’re actually there on-site… maybe you’ll notice a photo op you want to capture on the big day, or the perfect nook or cranny for a unique floral arrangement. While photo references and Pinterest-ing for inspiration are helpful, nothing compares to being in the actual venue space.
- Get Familiar with your Photographer: You may have already met your photographer for engagement photos, but bridal portraits are another special way to connect with him/her. It is an opportunity for them to glimpse your unique personality and let that shine—both during bridal portraits and on your wedding day. Plus, you’ll start to feel more comfortable in front of that camera lens when you’re better acquainted with the person behind it.
- Instant Wedding Décor: Bridal portraits make beautiful additions to wedding décor. Have the best image printed at poster size to display near the sign-in table, or print a few favorites to place among family photos. Guests will love ooh-ing and ahh-ing over your lovely photographs.
- Stunning Images: Of course, this is the real reason bridal portraits are a must-have. As a bride, you will look simply exquisite. In addition to the professional hair and makeup and beautiful dress, there’s a special “something” we see in every bride as her big day approaches. Take advantage of this day – one of the happiest, most special days – to capture every glimmer of excitement and bridal beauty. You’ll be glad you did.
We hope you’ll consider taking bridal portraits here at The White Sparrow! Our venue is designed to be a backdrop for breathtaking photos. We love to see the gorgeous images our photographers and brides produce, and we have a feeling you (and your new husband!) will too. Contact us to see what we can do.