Father’s Day is closer than you might think, so mark your calendars and purchase a card before it’s too late! Dads are such a special part of our couples’ wedding days. From a formal toast to his daughter’s happiness, to a stolen glance across the aisle, father-daughter moments make for the best photos and treasured memories. And of course, there’s never a dry eye in the room during the quintessential father-daughter dance.
So, how do you plan to honor your dad on your wedding day? While it is not required, gifts to parents are becoming more and more common on the big day. We think it’s a lovey gesture to express your gratitude for your parents’ support. Since Father’s Day is this Sunday, we’ve been reflecting on a few of our favorite gifts for the Father of the Bride—take a peek at tell us what you think!
- From the heart… gifts don’t have to be expensive or fancy to make your dad feel appreciated. Write a heartfelt note, or make a playlist for the two of you to enjoy. Think about memories the two of you have shared, and let that be the inspiration for a gift only you can give.
- Play to his hobbies… is he a baseball fanatic? Guitar guru? Personalize something within his area of expertise, like a signed baseball or engraved guitar pick. He’ll appreciate your thoughtful gesture, and he’ll end up with an item you know he’ll enjoy.
- Pour a drink… what’s your dad’s favorite? Tie a bow on a bottle of fancy whiskey, or put together a basket with locally brewed coffee grounds and mugs. Drinks are a fun gift, and a practical one; these will definitely be put to good use sooner or later.
- Photo opportunity… ask your photographer to snap a great photo of you with your dad on the big day. Later on, frame it and package it as a special gift for your father to unwrap (hint: wait awhile and surprise him with a photo he never knew existed next Father’s Day! He’ll never see it coming).
- Stick to the classics… you can never go wrong with personalized cufflinks, tie, handkerchief, or tie clips. These timeless elements are sure to be a gift he can enjoy for years to come!
Whatever you choose as your gift for dad, know that it will mean a lot coming from his special girl. Of course, be sure to give him a bear hug and thank him for his support on your big day. We hope you’ll invite Dad to tour our venue with you and see what’s in store for both of you at The White Sparrow Barn. We’d be honored to host you both.
Happy Father’s Day!