Touring and General Info:
Sparrow Coordinators: Kalea: 214-380-4876 or Marissa: 972-532-9486
Operations and Catering: 469-544-1369 or 469-215-3806
QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS 2017
Q. Can I bring in my own alcohol?
A. Yes you can stock your own bar, but will need security and a licensed bartender on the premises when serving guest or family members. No kegs are allowed.
Q. How many chairs, tables does the barn have?
A. 300 chairs and 35 60” round tables
Q. What color linens do you provide?
A. Not at this time, but have linens offered to clients through preferred vendors online/website under the Preferred Vendor tab,
Q. Can I pay with credit card?
A. Yes you can pay with a credit card, but the credit card does come with a 3% service fee. A check or cash is also welcomed, if the fee is not acceptable to you. Please make checks payable to Sparrow Barns & Events LLC. Please mail checks to P.O. Box 2079, Quinlan, TX 75474.
Q. How long do we have the venue for?
A. You have the venue from 9 am to midnight, 11:00 p.m. is last call for alcohol. Vendors need enough time to exit the barn by midnight. If extra hours needed, let the venue know, otherwise a $650 up-charge fee will apply if not out by contracted time.
Q. How many bars do you have?
A. We have a bar upstairs and downstairs for bartender use, bars cannot be moved.
Q. Can we bring in our own vendors?
A. We would love for you to use our preferred vendors as we feel they are the best for the barn, great at what they do, and can bring the best out of your wedding…but it’s not required. There are fees that apply. Please have your caterers, if not offered through the barn, contact us asap, for requirements and serving through The White Sparrow.
Q. Does The White Sparrow help flip rooms and move tables and chairs where need be
before and after wedding?
A. The White Sparrow can assist in either an indoor or outdoor ceremony site seating plan, given by the clients/renters, as well as clean-up after your event. Clients are still responsible for room flips, trash pick up and gathering personal belongings after event.
Q. What’s the max capacity for the barn inside?
A. The barn can hold 275/300 people inside. We do have floor plans to help with 300 people inside as well Plan B for rain.
Q. Do you need security at your event?
A. Security will be present at all events where alcohol is present and/or exceeds 150 guest, this is taken care of with The White Sparrow.
Q. Can we use Sparklers?
A. Yes. As long as the Sparklers are handled at least 8 feet away from the barn and put out in the correct manner, either with your coordinator or someone assisting the event.
Q. Can we drive on grass to unload?
A. No. The only area to unload is the concrete slab before the walkway to the barn. Absolutely no vehicles allowed on grass for any reason.
Q. Are tents & stages allowed on the property?
A. Yes. As long as they are rented through The White Sparrow barn.
Q. What’s expected before/during/after wedding and clean-up instructions:
- No smoking on The White Sparrow Property (please make sure guest are aware of this, a $250 fine will be assessed to bridal party)
- No rough housing, throwing balls, items in barn
- Please use swing appropriately any damage to swing will result in a damage fee agreed upon in contract
- Walk through done after wedding
- Facility day use is from (9 a.m. – 12 midnight) extra time will be charge accordingly
- Any person can be asked to leave the premises if The White Sparrow staff deems necessary to protect the venue or wedding party
- Caterers must pick up all trash left by their company and ensure stove is off at the end of the night
- All property of The White Sparrow must be accounted for before family leaves
- If assistance is needed at anytime during the wedding day please ask a staff member and He or She will gladly assist where needed.
- Lights are preset, if adjustments need to be made please ask a staff member for assistance
- Temperature is set by staff only, if changes need to be made please ask a staff member
- Vehicles are NOT to be left on the property/parking lot overnight after event, towing will be enforced
The staff at The White Sparrow is committed to making your day unforgettable, with your assistance we will work together to ensure this day is a dream. Please treat the barn with respect and be courteous of all staff members. We look forward to hosting your DFW barn wedding.