We’re sure you’ll have plenty of “must-have” shots on your wedding photographer’s list. From family photos to bridal perfume and everything in between, you and your photographer will have plenty to brainstorm together. However, if you’re considering The White Sparrow as your barn wedding venue, we’re going to recommend just a few more images you won’t want to miss. Make the most of our space by capturing these unique details on camera, complete with natural lighting and whitewashed walls that are sure to create stunning photos for any wedding theme:
- Outdoor barn shot: an essential establishing shot, the outdoor venue photo is definitely a must-have. You’ll want to pass this photo down through generations so the entire family can remember the place where your love story began.
- Outdoor portraits: though our indoor space is lovely, there is no comparison to nature’s beauty. Make use of our outdoor acreage with a few snapshots against a natural landscape—perfect for group shots of the bridal party, or intimate portraits of the bride and groom.
- Overhead reception shot: capture all the carefully thought-out details of your reception with an overhead shot of your tablescapes and décor. This shot will encapture all your decorative details in one cohesive, elegant image. Easily captured from our balcony, this photo is one you won’t want to skip.
- Window photo: our barn is known for its sweeping expanse of natural light. Make use of our whitewashed walls and beautiful natural lighting with a bridal portrait near one of our windows. Whether it’s a naturally illuminated close-up of your bridal makeup, or a dramatic silhouette, window photos are sure to come out as stunning keepsakes from your special day.
- The details: our floorboards make the perfect neutral backdrop for the quintessential “details” image. Lay your wedding invitation suite flat on our natural wood, or stage pre-wedding details like jewelry, shoes, and perfume. Your photographer will have plenty of ideas to assist you in putting this image together, but it’s one you’ll definitely want to have on your list.
- The balcony: when your barn wedding venue has a balcony, you can’t miss out on the photo opportunity! The balcony is ideal for timeless bridal portraits, highlighting your gown’s silhouette against a dramatic background of architectural detail.
- Vintage furniture: add another dose of character to your wedding images by incorporating vintage furniture like our gray settee. Charming furniture pieces lend themselves to bridal portraits, but they also provide beautiful backdrops for engagement photos, images of the happy couple, and more.
- Barn doors: one of our favorite features here at The White Sparrow barn is our barn door scene. Many brides have made use of our whitewashed doors, making them unique by adding floral wreaths, blooming boughs, or wedding signage. Add the barn doors to your photographer’s shot list—you’ll be glad you did.
- The staircase: another favorite area when it comes to wedding photography, our staircase has endless photo possibilities. Standing or seated, posed or candid… the staircase is a gorgeous place to capture photos of any variety. Add luminous lanterns, scattered floral buds, or romantic fabric draping to heighten the drama of the image and personalize the staircase as your own.
- I do! We know you’ve already got this one covered. The moment you tie the knot is the reason for everything else. While there are plenty of beautiful photo opportunities here at the barn, don’t get too caught up in capturing every detail… as long as you make your vows and walk down the aisle with the right person, all else pales in comparison.
We can’t wait to see how you make The White Sparrow’s barn wedding venue your own. Photographers and brides are always inspiring new photo opportunities we haven’t seen yet! We hope you’ll consider making The White Sparrow the site of your love story—we would be honored to take part in it.