Top TenWedding Tips During COVID-19
With COVID-19, there’s a shift in how wedding couples are approaching their big day with health and safety stepping into the spotlight. It may be difficult to imagine an intimate, socially distanced wedding or a wedding with masked guests. Here are a few of our favorite ways couples are revamping their weddings amid coronavirus.
- Talk to your venue (that’s us!) about social distancing. We offer select family seating and socially distanced seats to keep guests safe and spread out.
- Keep it fewer than 50. Microweddings are a big wedding trend right now and are gaining popularity as strict social distancing ordinances remain in place. Pare down your guest list and you’ll enjoy macro savings with your microwedding.
- Step outdoors. Couples are choosing tents, teepees and satellite stations outside to give guests more room to safely enjoy your special day.
- Opt for personalized hand sanitizer bottles for your guests or consider a hand-sani station. Hand sanitizer will go from clinical to bridal with small personal touches that add beauty, humor and personality to your big day.
- Grab a seat to eat. Plated dinners comply with stringent health regulations in lieu of buffets. What’s more, they’ll make your guests feel extra pampered. Your guests’ meal is the perfect place to splurge on your special day, while keeping guests healthy and safe.
- Make it a mask-erade. Invite guests to wear a custom mask that suits your wedding aesthetic and color scheme. Many guests will feel at ease with a mask on during your service.
- Don gloves. Not too long ago, gloves were the sign of ultimate sophistication. Add personalized gloves to tables, satellite stations or have your house party hand them to guests as they enter your ceremony.
- Wink and wave. In lieu of a formal receiving line where social distancing prevents those congratulatory handshakes and hugs, opt for a fun and flirty way to acknowledge guests and thank them for coming to celebrate your big day.
- Go virtual. Some guests may not feel comfortable traveling to your wedding but would love to share your big day. Let’s talk about what we have in place to broadcast your wedding virtually and let guests sip and savor the moment from their sofa.
- Share your day with a shift wedding. Couples have turned to shift weddings to keep guest numbers in check but still afford all of their family and friends the opportunity to be a part of the celebration. With a shift wedding, you won’t have to cut your guest list, and we’ll ensure your day is discreetly sanitized between shifts.
We hope that our Top TenWedding Tips During COVID-19 list will help you refine your planning process. Need more ideas? We’re full of ‘em! Contact us today to learn more about moving forward with your big day.