Here at our Texas wedding venue, we’ve been experiencing sunshine and warm temperatures that finally feel like summer. After a temperamental (read: state of constant downpour!) springtime, we’re welcoming long summery days and cloud-free sunshine… perfect wedding weather!
Take a peek at a few of our warm-weather wedding tips:
- Plenty of water: the number one key to a successful summer wedding is having plenty of water on hand. Make sure ice-cold dispensers are readily available and easy for guests to access in your floor plan. Consider having ushers pass out water bottles, especially if you have a fair number of elderly guests. Go a step further with personalized water bottle wrappers featuring your new monogram!
- Light sips: choose a delightfully crisp signature cocktail to keep your guests cool. Whether you like something bubbly or a fruity concoction, choose a drink that feels like summertime.
- Handheld fans: if you’ll be outdoors for any part of the ceremony or reception, pass out handheld fans so guests can keep a breeze going. You can customize the fans with your wedding date, a favorite quote, or your wedding monogram.
- Shade: be sure your venue provides plenty of shade, even outdoors. If guests want to explore the venue or mingle outside, you’ll want to be certain they’re comfortable even in the summer heat. Set up a few chairs in shady areas so guests can enjoy a seated conversation out of the bright sun.
- Sunnies: add personality to your wedding with some stunner shades to protect your eyes from those bright summer rays. Snap a fun photo with you and the bridesmaids in your sunnies for a fun reminder of your summer wedding day. Even better? Have custom sunglasses made as favors to hand out to your guests. They’ll thank you for it!
- Baby powder: a tried and true trick of the trade… have baby powder on-hand in your bridal suite, especially if your dress might add a few layers of warmth to your summery wedding day. This secret will prevent chafing and keep you comfortable out on the dance floor all day long.
Our best tip? Work with a venue that can accommodate summertime heat waves. Ask your venue director from the get-go how the facilities deal with Texas summer days. We hope you’ll tour our own Texas wedding venue and fall in love with our vaulted ceilings and one-of-a-kind barn doors. We have a feeling you’ll love it as much as we do—and we promise to help you and your guests stay cool, even in a Texas summer’s warmest days!
Cheers to airy sundresses, fruity cocktails, and summertime fun. We’re soaking up this summertime season and can’t wait to see the beautiful warm-weather weddings that unfold here at The White Sparrow.