Thank goodness for the wonderful ladies who stand by your side on your wedding day… where would we be without our bridesmaids? Whether friends or family (… or friends who have basically become family!), these ladies have stood by our side for so much longer than just one big day. Asking your girlfriends to be your bridesmaids is a lovely way to honor their encouragement and support over the years. But during this special time, what else can we do to show our appreciation for their presence in our lives? Our brides here at The White Sparrow barn venue have demonstrated their gratitude in creative ways that we simply adore. Take a look at a few of our favorite ideas for including your bridesmaids in an extra special way during your wedding celebrations:
- Ask one or two maids to accompany you to a portrait session. Whether you’re doing bridals or boudoir, you’ll feel more comfortable in front of the camera with a friend you can trust. Pick someone who puts you at ease and makes you laugh for a win-win—you’ll make great memories with your girlfriend, and your candid photos will turn out even better than you imagined.
- Better yet… have a photo shoot with all the girls. See if your bridesmaids want to go in on a group photo session (or offer it as their bridesmaid gift). Get all dressed up, pop some bubbly, and have a photo shoot with your girls. You’ll enjoy a day with your friends, and everyone will walk away with professional headshots they can use later on.
- Consider asking a bridesmaid to do your ceremony readings. Are you and the groom having traditional scripture or a special poem read at the ceremony? Honor a bridesmaid in a special way by asking her to perform the readings on the big day.
- Bridal showers. While some bridal showers may be reserved for family only, others are a great opportunity to introduce your bridesmaids to your relatives. Wherever possible, ask the host/hostess to include your ‘maids on the invitation list; it’ll be a relaxed setting for your friends and family to get to know each other before the wedding.
- Gifts. It is generally proper etiquette to give your bridesmaids some kind of gift as a token of gratitude for their participation in your wedding. We love to see brides get creative in this area… monogrammed shirts or drop earrings are always well-loved, but we encourage you to think outside the box. Is there an experience you can give instead of an actual item? Consider lawn tickets to a favorite concert you can all enjoy together, or treat your girls to a day at the spa. Gifts that double as time well-spent are always much-appreciated.
Whatever you decide to do to include your bridesmaids, make sure you express your thanks—repeatedly. These women have supported you through all the crazy wedding-planning chaos, and so much more. Be sure to thank them often, verbally and with sweet written notes of gratitude. After all, you are lucky to have such wonderful ladies in your life… let’s keep it that way! If we can help plan something special for you and your bridal party at our DFW barn venue, don’t hesitate to ask.