Our pages are full of stunning bridal inspiration – some models, and some real brides – that capture beauty and inspire. However, we know it’s not easy for everyone to act like an experienced model in front of the camera! Whether you’re anticipating a bridal portrait shoot or a boudoir session, it can be a bit intimidating to let your guard down on film. Luckily, we’ve got you covered with our favorite tips to put you at ease and guarantee an exquisite photo gallery:
- Pick a talented photographer: this is hands-down the most important part of making yourself comfortable in front of the camera! An experienced photographer can help you feel at ease, and will be able to direct posing that boosts your confidence. All the images you see at our
- Do an engagement session first: if you’re a little nervous about being captured on camera, schedule an engagement session. You’ll get to establish a connection with your photographer, and your sweetheart will be by your side the whole time. Trust us, your authentic happiness will shine through! After the engagement shoot, you’ll feel more comfortable with a little experience under your belt and increased familiarity with your photographer.
- Practice makes perfect: okay, bear with us. It might feel a little silly at first, but practice a few poses in the mirror at home. It will help you feel comfortable with your moves in front of the camera. This is especially helpful if you’re going for an editorial-style shoot with several dramatic shots you want to nail. However, there’s definitely nothing wrong with winging it and letting those happy candids take center stage!
- Be flexible: flexibility is absolutely key to a jaw-dropping photoshoot. It’s okay to have a few desired shots in mind, but stressing out over a rigid shot list won’t help anybody. Trust your photographer. Go with the flow. Embrace spontaneity. After all, this should be fun!
- Have a sip of champagne: why not?! We’ll always welcome the excuse for a flute of bubbly. Have a sip or two to calm your nerves before the shoot begins. Toasting to a fun occasion is always a great way to kick off a photo shoot on the right note… just don’t go overboard!
We can’t wait to see you and your photographer here at our TX barn wedding venue. We already know your photos are going to be drop-dead gorgeous. Something about authentic bridal beauty just can’t be replaced! We guarantee your gallery of images will be exquisite… and with these tips in mind, you’ll be able to relax in front of the camera and enjoy the experience.
Ready to schedule a shoot? If you’re already booked with us, simply get in touch! We can put a date on the calendar. If you’re not booked with us (yet!), come tour our TX barn wedding venue. We have a feeling you’re going to love it here. We’d be honored to host your photo shoots, and of course the big day!
Leave a Reply